There are no photos for this one as I didn't want him to feel crowded with me hovering over his shoulder while he made the chili. I'll post a photo of what we did with the leftovers though in a later post.
1 lb ground turkey breast
1 med onion, chopped
2 (15 oz) cans mixed beans, undrained
1 (12 oz) can maple flavored beans
3 fresh tomatoes, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 rounded tsp taco seasoning
1 rounded tsp paprika
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp course sea salt
- canned diced tomatoes vice fresh
- red/green sweet peppers
- chopped zuchini
1. Brown ground turkey in large dutch oven along with onions. As we used extra lean turkey, there was no excess fat to drain off, but if you have it, it should be drained off at this point.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooked turkey.
3. Jeremiah didn't add veggies like red/green sweet peppers or zuchini, but if you're adding them, saute until all veggies are tender. If you're using canned tomatoes, add them at this point.
4. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 mins.
5. The original recipe called for adding the spices at this point, but Jeremiah added his in the saute stage. We didn't notice a difference.
6. Mix well, then simmer for 5 more minutes. Orig recipe calls for adding more salt and pepper to taste. Jeremiah tasted it and said, "Wow!" He didn't add anything else.
It was very good. We put the leftovers in a medium casserole dish and used the next day. I'll post those recipes soon.