The images I've used were found in different library systems and archives fonds and I can't say enough about the people who work to bring these sources to the public. Today's images are courtesy of the:
- Archives of Ontario
- City of Toronto Archives
- Canadian Heritage Gallery
- Wikipedia - Ice Boats, Icicle
- The Mary MacKenzie Collection of the Lake Placid Public Library
- Public Archives and Records Office of Prince Edward Island
- Maritime History of the Great Lakes
As well, I've included a video over on my Inkwell Inspirations Ice Sailing post which gives the feel of skimming across the ice in a modern ice boat made for racing.
Here's one photo you won't find over there...it's a stereoview from 1900 and if you go to the page I found it, you can read a description put out by the Keystone View Company.