I posted the above image to my Facebook page as a sign of encouragement that spring was indeed on its way. Usually, I don't edit images other than exposure, as I prefer nature in its own surroundings, but there was so much brush surrounding this fella that I decided to experiment. After all, the excitement was the robin's return, not the bare branches.
Here's the 2272 x 1704 pixel photo I originally started with...
My first job was to pick the area I wanted and then crop it to a 1528 x 1528 pixel square so it would look good on Facebook...
Using my free PicMonkey photo editor, I played around with the FOCAL SOFTEN feature until the focal circle looked good.
But there was still too much "noise" in the background, and I wanted a clear area to label the image. Still using the FOCAL SOFTEN feature, I adjusted the focal BLUR and FADE features until I liked what I saw.
My last change was to add the text identifying the bird, where I took the photo, and when. And that's what you see in the photo at the top of this post.
I add my website address to my photos to ensure anyone using them has a way to contact me if they wish, but I don't required anyone to credit me for their use. It's a nice gesture, but not necessary. I only ask that they treat my photographs with respect and not use them for anything illegal or that would cause pain, embarrassment, or discomfort to anyone viewing them. I know, this is just a robin, but it goes for all my published pics.
If anyone wants a photo without labels, a quick email through my contact page will suffice.
As you can see, I'm just an amateur photographer trying to capture and share the wonder and beauty of God's creation.